Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/12/4035912/html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/12/4035912/html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Elusive Image Photography • View topic - Tips on reading the Journal

Tips on reading the Journal

2009 daily travel journal to western Turkey. Journal begins March 30, 2009.

Tips on reading the Journal

Postby jamesfc on Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:46 am

I assembled a few tips for those who may not be adept at using computer bulletin boards or forums - sort of an FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) so that everyone who is interested can follow along with us.

1. Do I need a User ID and Password?
No - not to read the posts. However, if you wish to leave comments or ask questions, then you do have to register. One advantage of registering, is that you can subscribe to various topics and will be notified of new postings when you return next time. To subscribe to a forum, select the radio button next to "Subscribe Topic" found at the bottom of the topic screen. Topics may also be bookmarked for your convenience. However, you can't subscribe if you aren't registered!

2. Images
Although I wil post a few inline images here in the forum - there will be many more at my gallery at http://www.elusiveimage.net/gallery. Like the forum, if you wish to comment, you will have to register - that registration is separate from the forum registration.

3. Videos
I intend to put up some short video sequences hosted on my channel from YouTube as I have time. You should be able to merely click on them to watch - some might also be in High Definition (HD) and all can also be watched full-screen.

4. Frequency of posts
While I will attempt to post every day - I can never be sure as to when I will have Internet access. Once I am out and away from the cities, Internet access will be infrequent. I will attempt to indicate if I will or will not have Internet access on following days. When I do, I may be posting information from more than a single day!

I hope you enjoy the images/videos and thank you for following along with us!
Jim Caldwell
NANPA, NAPP, PSA, CNPA
Florida Master Naturalist - Coastal Systems, Upland certified
Forum moderator
jamesfc
Site Admin

Return to Turkey 2009