Days 2 - 4 (cont)

Photo tour to photograph indigenous peoples, flora and fauna in Costa Rica including hummingbirds! 11 days beginning March 15th, 2010. Limited spots - check www.elusiveimage.net to sign up.

Days 2 - 4 (cont)

Postby jamesfc on Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:45 pm

We are on this trip primarily to visit indigenous villages and people in Costa Rica, but that doesn't mean we are ignoring the wildlife. You can't ignore the wildlife in Costa RIca!! Here are some images from the first few days of the incredible fauna to be found here.

_MG_1930.jpg
sand crab
_MG_1930.jpg (179.45 KiB) Viewed 5243 times

These colorful little sand crabs where everywhere near Puero Veijo. They would pick small plants in their claws and scurry down their little holes in the sand when we approached. It took a bit of patience to get a photo of them!

_MG_2101.jpg
Squirrel Cuckoo
_MG_2101.jpg (136.69 KiB) Viewed 5243 times

It is unusual to get this close to some of the birds, even in Costa Rica, but we got lucky and I had the camera ready to capture this Squirrel Cuckoo.

_MG_2054.jpg
Black Hawk
_MG_2054.jpg (142.46 KiB) Viewed 5243 times

Last, but not least, this black hawk landed in the tree next to the road, so Jorge stopped and I managed to squeeze off several images of this predator.

By the way, not all has gone smoothly! I accidentally left my tripod while photographing a tiger heron at a restaurant. However, thanks to Jorge's connections, we were able to get someone to pick it up and drop it off for us at another location. Close call!
_MG_1639.jpg
Tiger heron
_MG_1639.jpg (154.57 KiB) Viewed 5243 times
Jim Caldwell
NANPA, NAPP, PSA, CNPA
Florida Master Naturalist - Coastal Systems, Upland certified
Forum moderator
jamesfc
Site Admin

Re: Days 2 - 4 (cont)

Postby georgesmith on Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:02 pm

These bright little beach crabs area everywhere abreast Puerto Veijo. They would aces baby plants in their claws and barrel down their little holes in the beach if we approached but you have done a great job here. Such a nice shots taken by you of that birds. I really appreciate for it.
georgesmith

Re: Days 2 - 4 (cont)

Postby jamesfc on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:57 am

georgesmith wrote:These bright little beach crabs area everywhere abreast Puerto Veijo. They would aces baby plants in their claws and barrel down their little holes in the beach if we approached but you have done a great job here. Such a nice shots taken by you of that birds. I really appreciate for it.

Thanks George,
Yes, they were a challenge! I sat and waited patiently until they came out of thier burrows in order to get those images. Nature photography often requires lots of patience!!
Jim Caldwell
NANPA, NAPP, PSA, CNPA
Florida Master Naturalist - Coastal Systems, Upland certified
Forum moderator
jamesfc
Site Admin

Alamy images

Postby oleolina on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:35 pm

I dont understand- why are wars and natural disasters always among images of the year?
Image [url=http://vectory.ru/index.php?categoryID=369 title="Векторные раскрои упаковки, вырубки, развертки"]Раскрои упаковки в векторе[/url], вырубки, развертки
oleolina

Hey All

Postby unfammome on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:12 am

Thank you for posting such great info on this forum. I was just searching for some information on this topic.
unfammome

Return to Costa Rica 2010