Model Release Restrictions & Alamy

Sales of photos for stock photography or general image sales

Model Release Restrictions & Alamy

Postby jamesfc on Fri May 08, 2009 11:28 am

A friend of mine recently wrote and asked how to handle the following scenerio when submitting photos to Alamy. He had several people sign model releases, but they added the restriction that the images could not be used for any sexual purposes, or any purposes that denigrated the model.

Here is the answer from Alamy:

If your images have the relevant model release you must add in a restriction that reflects how the images cannot be used.

You can set the restrictions for such usages by selecting the fields on the License Details page in the following manner:

Territory : Worldwide
Usage : All
Media Type : All
Industry : Sensitive Issues

When you click the drop-down box under Industry Detail, then select "ALL". This will then add restrictions for sensitive issues in the following way:

Worldwide, All Usages, All Medias, Sensitive Issues, All Sub-Industries

I thought I would pass this on in case you have a model that is reluctant to sign a model release, you can add image restrictions!! Same thing would work for property releases!
Jim Caldwell
NANPA, NAPP, PSA, CNPA
Florida Master Naturalist - Coastal Systems, Upland certified
Forum moderator
jamesfc
Site Admin

Re: Model Release Restrictions & Alamy

Postby daisyallen on Mon May 31, 2010 5:07 am

This is great information and very useful also . In this technical era cyber crime increase drastically . All these tips to protect from this .
daisyallen

Postby jamesfc on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:46 am

Thanks Daisy! I have another tip for photographers that use Alamy and similiar agencies - there is a new iPhone/iTouch app (which also likely works with the iPad) called Easy Release that allows you to get a digital signature on a model or property release while in the field! You can customize your own release or use the built-in releases. You then email the release to yourself as a PDF file and the digitally signed release is accepted by Alamy. You would have to check with other agencies to see if they accept them as well. I believe the app costs around $10.00.
Jim Caldwell
NANPA, NAPP, PSA, CNPA
Florida Master Naturalist - Coastal Systems, Upland certified
Forum moderator
jamesfc
Site Admin

Postby aprillove20 on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:00 pm

Well, you must add in a restriction that reflects.
Los Angeles Camera Rentals here http://www.losangelescamerarentals.com
aprillove20

Postby paulwalker on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:39 pm

Dear James you have providing such a very good and useful information about Model Release Restrictions & Alamy. I have read your post and I really appreciate for it. Please keep posting. Thanks for sharing.
paulwalker

Return to Stock Photography