Downward Trend?

Sales of photos for stock photography or general image sales

Downward Trend?

Postby jamesfc on Wed May 12, 2010 1:42 pm

I have been seeing a disturbing trend developing - at least with Alamy. I thought at first it was simply due to the recession - but now I'm not so sure. Sales this time of year usually aren't that good anyway, but this has really been a long, dry spell. I noticed that there are fewer searches and even fewer click-throughs to look at images. Not just mine, but even Alamy at large. I also just made two sales, and a fellow stock photographer reported the same - 2 sales, $2.00 - total. That's $1.00 each for Novel Use. Novel concept, eh? Why even bother.

Anyone else notice a similiar trend?
Jim Caldwell
NANPA, NAPP, PSA, CNPA
Florida Master Naturalist - Coastal Systems, Upland certified
Forum moderator
jamesfc
Site Admin

Re: Downward Trend?

Postby shanefoster on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:49 pm

Thanks for sharing such type of nice and useful information here. I really impressed with you james. You have such a good knowledge in this side. Please keep posting because I want to learn more about it.
shanefoster

Re: Downward Trend?

Postby jamesfc on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:49 am

shanefoster wrote:Thanks for sharing such type of nice and useful information here. I really impressed with you james. You have such a good knowledge in this side. Please keep posting because I want to learn more about it.

Thanks Shane - my sales have been picking up a bit in the past few months, but prices for images is still low.
Jim Caldwell
NANPA, NAPP, PSA, CNPA
Florida Master Naturalist - Coastal Systems, Upland certified
Forum moderator
jamesfc
Site Admin

Return to Stock Photography